I seem to be perpetually amazed at how fast the time goes, at the moment. I am definitely still getting used to my change of routine, and I will admit that I am still very much missing my job - although I'm not missing the drive, not one bit.
Since I stopped working, I spent an inordinate amount of time sleeping over the first couple of weeks - just catching up, I suppose, and dealing with accumulated tiredness, if that makes any sort of sense. Naps in the afternoon that turned out to be four hours long, plus sleeping ten hours or more every night. I caught a nasty cold as well.
That phase is almost over now, I think, and I'm running with seven or eight hours sleep at night and possibly a hour's nap in the afternoon as well - and feeling a whole lot better, too.
The house is looking cleaner and neater, and this makes me happy too - I like having things tidy, clean and organised. I'm writing proper shopping lists, as well. Lists of weekly meals are getting made, I'm trying new recipes, and the fridge is properly stocked - well, most of the time.
The stash is kind of sorted out, as well. I need to do more, and I need to get rid of some of it as well, but it is all in the yarnwall now and not spreading across the floor. My wheel and my spinning chair are free from clutter, I can just sit down and spin, which is how it ought to be. I do need to sort out my patterns, though. Lots of them are only on the computer, and I really ought to print things out and file them if I want to keep them.
We've got house guests this weekend, which will be fun. Lots of cooking, too, of course. I don't know how much I'll actually get done, with regard to knitting.
Ah yes, knitting. The first sock in the current Kaffe Fassett Landscape yarn is finished, but I haven't yet cast on for the second one. It is just so useful being able to do the three needle graft! All that is needed is to break the yarn, the grafting (which is a true Kitchener stitch graft) is done using the needles with which you have been knitting the sock - no yarn needle required, and the tension works out the same as your knitting. If you haven't yet tried this method, please do - I am a complete convert, and can't imagine why it took me so long to catch on to it.
Kari - still going. The back is finished, so are both sleeves. Currently I'm working up the front towards the armhole shaping, and I'm on skein number 6, out of a total of 7. I think I can say with confidence that I am not going to run out of yarn, and I need not have worried.
One thing that I am thinking out, however, is the length. Because my row gauge is a bit compressed - 17 1/2 rows to 4" instead of 16 rows - and because I didn't adjust the raglan shaping at all, the whole thing is a couple of inches shorter than it should be according to the pattern. I've been thinking about how I might add some length to the body. Problem is, of course, that the neckline is going to take a fair bit of yarn, and it is hard to judge exactly how much. I think I will just go ahead and finish the front, seam the raglans and work the neckline, then pin the sides and try it on. If I need more length, I can snip a row and unravel across, work whatever number of extra rows my yarn permits, and graft.
So it will be ok, anyway, albeit with a bit of additional work, and definitely quicker than reknitting all the armhole shaping of both the front and back.