Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Wednesday

I have hardly done any knitting at all for the last couple of days, because I've been a bit unwell. It became apparent during Sunday that the wasp sting - or rather, stings - that I acquired the other day had become infected. So I went off to see the nurse at our local surgery on Monday, and am currently full of antibiotics. Definitely feeling somewhat better now, but the last couple of days seem to have just disappeared.

Knitting really has been minimal. Today I have reached the armhole shaping on the front of the Hooded Tunic, and divided for the front opening. Actually, I did work a couple of inches on one side, but then I decided that I didn't like the cast-on at the bottom of the placket, and pulled it all back again.

The cast-on that was less than beautiful was a knitted cast-on. I've also tried a cable cast-on, and I didn't like the look of that either. Evidently I am much too picky about these things.... after all, it isn't going to be visible when the thing is finished, it is going to be slip stitched behind the other side.

This time, I think I am going to try a buttonhole cast-on. This is a bit fiddly, but it does produce a very neat, very firm edge - and I think it might be what's needed here.

No comments: