Wednesday, 27 August 2008

Wednesday - Da Capo

Yes, back to the beginning.

I have frogged Lakes. I was partway up the second sleeve and I just wasn't enjoying working on it - never a good sign. It was really bothering me that I had cast on for the wrong size, for one thing. And - I don't know. I just didn't want to work on it any more. So I pulled it all back yesterday evening, winding it all up by hand for a change.

This morning I cast on instead for the Hooded Tunic from All Seasons at the Mill. This is what I had originally intended the yarn for, as it happens. I saw this being worn by another Rowan Design Consultant when I was up at Holmfirth, and was surprised how good it looked.

There doesn't seem to be anyone else knitting this on Ravelry, which is surprising. But hopefully you can see it here. I won't be making the knitted belt. Anyway, I am nearly up to the armholes on the back, and I expect to get the back finished tomorrow evening when I get back from work.

I do actually have a fair chance of getting this finished before we leave on holiday - eleven days to go, and stocking stitch is fast. But I'm not worrying about it either way.

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

I know what you mean about not being entirely happy with what you've done and the need to scrape everything and take it from the start - at least you found an alternative that didn't need more wool.

The alternative project looks nice too, I can't believe that you're thinking to more or less finish it in 11 days, do you allow yourself any time to eat?

Martelle said...

Will there need to be an official hat eating ceremony? Will you have any dressing/topping on it, or just au naturel? ;) Maybe Kate's hat will be too precious to part with or maybe with your bionic knitting speed, you'll get your holiday jumper finished in time anyway?

Lin said...

I think you will finish it in 11 days! Good luck!