Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Tempo

Here is Tempo.



This is a design by Sarah Hatton, from Rowan's book The Colourscape Collection. It is worked in Rowan's Colourscape Chunky, which was designed by Kaffe Fassett. I made size L, and I used four skeins of the colourway called Ghost - the pattern said 5, and I would suggest going along with that, just in case.


This yarn is lovely stuff. It is very soft and squishy - deceptively hard in the skein because it is wound quite tightly. Each skein started at the same place in the colour sequence, which is very useful, and there was not a single knot.


I like this a lot, and I'm going to wear it to work today!

4 comments:

Kate said...

It's gorgeous! :-)

I also really like the look of the Colourscape Chunky yarn. I might have to nab a ball or two for a scarf. Being softer than Noro Kureyon Scratchywool is definitely a selling point!

Heather said...

Its lovely! Hope you are enjoying wearing it. It looks just the thing for the weather we have been having.

Lin said...

Great colours!

Frances said...

I'm knitting the left front armhole/neck shaping of the Tempo vest. I have spent all day trying to figure out what "Dec 1 st at armhole edge as set in next 3 rows, then on foll alt row at same time dec 1 st at neck edge as set in next and 2 foll alt rows" Is there anyone out there who could translate this for me? Help!