Thursday, 21 August 2008

Ouch

Blogging will resume shortly. I hope so anyway.

I seem to have done something to my back. This morning the chiropractor was of the opinion that I needed to put ice on it regularly during the day today, and come back on Tuesday.

So, did I go home and put ice on my back? No, of course I didn't. I got in the car and drove for an hour to go to work, and then spent all day zooming around sorting yarn and climbing up and down the stockroom ladder, getting more and more creaky as the day went on. And then I got in the car and drove for an hour to get home.

Not clever. Nought out of ten, Fiona. I will, however, go back to the chiropractor on Tuesday.

Right now I am reminded of Alfred J Prufrock. You know the bit -

I grow old ... I grow old ...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Referring not so much to the trousers, more to the feeling of being generally a bit creaky, not to mention seized up.

Actually I wonder if I can knit lying flat on my back? I bet I can.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ouch, indeed. :-( I've tried knitting on my back (not through back pain, but because I was lying in bed and couldn't be bothered to sit up...). It makes my arms ache. I really want to learn how to knit in the bath. :-P

Kai said...

Oh no!! *hugs* Hope you haven't done any damage to it. Back ache is torturous.