Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Oooh, shiny!

You know, there's a group on Ravelry for people like me - easily distracted by pretty things.

Despite all my resolutions, I have cast on for Tempo, in Colourscape Chunky, in the Ghost colourway. I'm up to the armhole shaping already - this is about the closest to instant gratification that you can get with knitting. This photo was taken earlier today, just as I was starting the second skein - so you can see the whole of one colour repeat there, and it certainly is pretty.



I like it. Here it is again, in close-up. The colours are looking true on my screen.


I am afraid that I totally forgot to take a photo of the Colourscape scarf in the Camouflage colourway. I did get it finished, but then the next morning I zoomed out the door on autopilot, I think. I remembered to pick up the scarf, but I didn't remember about the promised photo until I was arriving at work, and it was a bit too late then. I am a bad blogger.....

The Slouchy Cover-Up is completely stalled, by the way.


So nearly finished, as well. I will get back to it - I still love the fabric, and I want to wear it! - but the main problem is, I think, that it is beige. And right now I want to work with colour.

Talking of Ravelry - well, briefly mentioning it, really - I have decided that I am going to catalogue the stash properly. Ravelry has a lot of excellent functions for keeping track of things, including the queue (how did I ever manage without this?) - and also the stash. My stash page is currently completely empty. But, as I am going to go through the stash quite soon, it might as well go on Ravelry. This could take a while, though.....

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your Tempo is beautiful - lovely colours, I will have to go and see some Colourscape in real life.

I am going to join you in the stash sort out on ravelry. I have now nearly entered all my projects I have photos for, so time to start on the great stash organisation.