Monday, 25 August 2008

Monday

I've just finished the back of Lakes, which is a great relief. So far I have used five skeins of yarn, and a few yards of the sixth skein, so twenty skeins looks like it should be plenty. I shall start on the first sleeve in a minute, and I think that I am going to work the foldback cuffs after all, they are rather cute.

What I wanted to mention today was a completely stunning pattern that I found the other day on Ravelry - Baby Cables and Big Ones Too - that's a Ravelry link, and you can read more about it here, on the designer's blog.

I just love this. Top down, seamless, garter stitch, and pretty cables too - can it get any better?

I don't have anything in the stash that would suit - how is it that this happens so often? - but I am thinking of handspun, when I can get my act together. Or perhaps I will take the easy route and get some Rowan Classic Extra Fine Merino DK, which is pretty much identical to the Jaeger Extra Fine Merino for which the pattern was written.

1 comment:

martelle said...

I love this pattern and it's already in my Rav queue. Hope that your back is feeling better and Lake keeps progressing.