Wednesday, 16 July 2008

The over-committed knitter

That would be me.

I have too many things on the needles again, and most of them seem to be creamy beige, which isn't helping.

I have cast on for something else as well, and it isn't Alloy - it is Kimono, from the newly released Studio 11, in Bamboo Tape yet again. The colour is Wafer, a deep cream, and I'm loving this.

I would show you a picture, but Blogger (yet again) won't let me post pictures. I will try again later.

I have more than one dyelot to cope with for this. I'm making size L, and the pattern says 13 balls - I've got 9 of one dyelot, 4 of a second dyelot, and 1 ball of yet a third dyelot, because I am an inveterate buyer of 'one ball extra just in case'. So, two rows of the main dyelot and two rows from another ball...... I can see a shade difference, but I think it is more apparent to me because I know it is there and I am looking for it. I don't think it will notice in wear.

Cookie has not been touched, nor has Dauphine. Progress on the front of the Slouchy Cover-up has been minimal. And I don't even have any socks on the needles to distract me, so really there is no excuse at all. Too many projects, nothing gets finished. I need to get a handle on this, it isn't good. I must focus and get things actually finished, I really must.

However I have also been knitting display flags, and I've got four of them done now. There are just two more that I really should be getting on with, and also there are also two for which the yarn has not yet arrived. I will wait for the new seasons launch before I say more about these, other than that they are extremely fun to knit, and I really like the patterns and the colours.

One thing I will just say is that I think Cocoon may be the nicest yarn I've worked with for quite a while - winter yarn, that is. It is unexpectedly soft and silky - really nice. Pictures when I've got them all ready. If Blogger will let me, that is......


And now it is later. Blogger is talking to me again, so I can show you my uniformly beige knitting. I did say that progress on the front of the KSH Slouchy Coverup was minimal....

..... as indeed that is the case. It is going to look so nice when it is finished though.

Here is Kimono.


Bamboo Tape is such lovely stuff to work with. I've done a bit more this evening, and I've just started the shaping for the sleeves. That little stitch marker is hanging on one of the strands of yarn to identify which skein is the odd dyelot, by the way.

No comments: