Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Number nine

Here is my finished Cobblestone Pullover - the ninth sweater finished this year.


It may not look very inspiring here - I am not a good photographer, as I'm sure you've noticed - but this is probably the most flattering sweater I've made. This is rather unexpected as this pattern was designed for a man, and I definitely have curves. The garter panels at the side seem to pull it in, and although there is not even a hint of waist shaping in the pattern, it makes me look as if I've got considerably more of a waist that I actually do. This is good. The curved yoke and the neckline - it is all just about perfect. It works really, really well.

Anyway, I've been wearing it, and it has been getting compliments, ie where did you buy that gorgeous sweater? Heh. Very gratifying when that happens!

I made the second size, and I used 14 balls of Rowan All Season's Cotton in a long-discontinued shade of marled dark grey which I think was called Slick. I didn't change anything at all, and I am really pleased with the result. It is so comfortable, too. The sleeves are a little bit on the long side, which isn't a problem as I can fold up the garter stitch cuff if I want to, or not if it is chilly.

My husband has now requested one for himself. That one will have to wait a bit, though, because the next thing off my needles is definitely going to be the recoloured Dodge, which you can see here.


Pretty colours. And stripes. And just right for wearing to work, where the air conditioning is not working properly at the moment and it is, shall we say, a bit warm.

I am part way up the back, as you probably guessed. I do like this yarn. Bamboo Tape has had some less than amazing press, which is not what it deserves in my opinion. This is the second thing I've made in this yarn in the last few months, so you can see that I mean it, too.

And now I am going to go and knit some more. I am not mad enough to think that I can get this finished before Thursday lunchtime, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to try.

6 comments:

Kai said...

Love your Cobblestone. I think I'm going to have to check out the sizing on this. I could really do with a jumper like that.

And Dodge is looking lovely.

Margene said...

Cobblestone is fabulous. NINE sweaters this year? Amazing.

Fiona said...

Kai, the sizing is excellent for curvy people like me. The second size measures 43 1/2 around the chest, and that's what I made..... it goes up from there!

And thankyou, Margene - I have been very motivated to knit sweaters this year because my dress code for work says Rowan handknit!

Heather said...

Wow, you are prolific, 9 jumpers and it is only the beginning of June! Cobblestone looks lovely, I have been inspired to add it to my Ravelry queue, I'm sure I must have some suitable yarn around here somewhere ...

The colours you have chosen for Dodge are looking great too.

Queen of the froggers said...

I love the cobblestone sweater. well done on all the sweaters!

Gaby said...

Your Cobblestone is beautiful; I admire you: 9 sweaters! You're a very fast knitter ;)
I prefer the colors you choosen for Dodge instead the originals