Monday, 12 May 2008

A love/hate relationship

It's Monday, I've just had two days off work - this is my 'weekend', you see - so there ought to have been lots of knitting.

Nope. Not much at all. I have finished the waist decreases on the front, that's all, and I still have the second sleeve to make.

So, why is this?

I have an iPod now, that's why. I love it to bits. I can take my music with me - all my music, there is so much storage space I can hardly believe it.

The only problem is that it is taking time to put all my music onto it - ie it is a time-eating monster and preventer of effective knitting. I am trying to knit at the same time, but it just isn't really working for me. I like knitting fast, but ripping CDs necessitates lots of putting down and picking up again, and going downstairs to get more CDs and forgetting to bring the knitting back up again - like now - so I am starting to feel the time pressure, and I just hate that.

I want to take this pullover with me to Holmfirth, and I want to have something else already on the needles for the train journey. Five days and counting....... Oh dear.

2 comments:

Queen of the froggers said...

Very time consuming these computer gadgets!!

Kazza said...

Time consuming but sooooo worth it, I wouldnt be without mine now, I love it. Its the perfect knitting companion!