Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Procrastination

Really, you know, I am just putting off the decision to cast on for miles and miles of ribbing in black Calmer.

Anyway. This was the thing. That's a Ravelry link. If you can't access it, try this - (scroll down to 2008/04/03.) I saw it, and I loved it. It is just so organic and textural and beautiful.

And here is what I have to show.



This heap of gorgeousness is Rowan Chunky Print and Rowan Big Wool Tuft, both discontinued, but still fairly readily available, I found. Most of the Chunky Print I found here - and more here, and the Big Wool Tuft I found on eBay.

I am going to actually crochet something - Anna Tillman's Bark, from Rowan 38.

I only have two balls of the Big Wool Tuft instead of the three that the pattern prescribes, but according to Ravelry several people have made it with just two balls, and I've got an extra ball of the dark brown Chunky Print just in case - I'll sort something out. It's a long time since I've actually crocheted a garment of any sort, and I don't think I've ever crocheted something for myself before.

In the meantime, I'm knitting reverse stocking stitch in the round, every row purl, for the collar of Clovelly. My left hand is letting me know that it is not happy with all this purling, so I'm glad that it will soon be finished. And then I can wear it to work tomorrow. Definitely, this time.

1 comment:

Bearium said...

wow it really has got an organic slant to it, looking forward to seeing how yours is coming along. I might see if I can get hold of the pattern myself :)