Friday, 4 April 2008

Friday

This arrived in the post today.


This is Patons Street Smart - the booklet with the Urban Aran pullover, and also the Must Have Cardigan. It is a bit difficult to find over here, and I bought my copy from Elann in Canada. I am always surprised by how fast Canada Post can be - this took exactly one week to get here.


Looking at the Urban Aran, I can see why people have been making it into a cardigan - it very nearly looks as if it is one already.


And the Must Have Cardigan is a nice straightforward basic.

I have no idea how long it is going to take me to get round to these patterns, and I certainly haven't got any yarns picked out - so I'm not even putting them in my Ravelry queue just yet. There's restraint for you.

My husband has been looking at knitting patterns too - I haven't knitted him a full size pullover for a while now, and he likes several of the patterns in Classic Knits for Men.

In the end, he has decided on this striped pullover worked in Scottish Tweed DK - but with red in place of the sunset orange. I think that's a good choice for him, the orange is certainly bright, and that's a nice red, in real life rather brighter than it looks here, actually. And it is always nice to change just one little thing, you know.

I wonder how long it will take me to get round to it....

1 comment:

Queen of the froggers said...

That was speedy postage, was it expensive to order from them? I do like the patterns in that book.