Sunday, 30 March 2008

Wrap Top errata (Wrap Waistcoat )

Before I forget it again, I must say something about this. There are some errors in the pattern - at least there are for size M, I haven't checked the other sizes.

Everything is fine for the back and the Right Front, but the Left Front isn't quite right. It is nothing very mysterious and the problem is very apparent once you start working the piece - or at least it is if you have your brain in gear, which I didn't. It took me several inches before I actually looked at the work on the needles and thought, hang on....

Anyway. When you work the Left Front, in order to get the rib pattern coming out the way you want it, you need to reverse the stitch order of the pattern for the Right Front, that's all. If you work the pattern for the Left Front as written, then the rib pattern doesn't line up across the front. Also, if you start with a WS row then the cast-on edges at the centre front don't have the same appearance. Not critical of course, but extremely easy to change.

What I'd suggest is this - and it does work out perfectly, I've knitted it this way myself.

For the Left Front, Size M:

Row 1 (RS) : k1, * k2, p2, k1, p2, repeat from * to the last 7 stitches, then k2, p2, k1, p1, k1.

Row 2 (WS): * k2, p1, k2, p2, repeat from * to the last stitch, then k1.

And all shaping is now done at the beginning of WS rows.

This is for the Wrap Top (Wrap Waistcoat) from All Seasons at the Mill, by the way. And I have only checked size M, because that's the size I made for myself.

No comments: