Saturday, 2 February 2008

Things that have changed since I started work

  • I've been busy all day, every day at work. My mind hasn't been able to switch off in the evening the same way.
  • I've been physically really, really tired. This is getting less, though. It's the end of my third week - goodness that went quickly! - and I am not falling asleep in my chair in the evening any more.
  • On my days off during the week, I've usually been so tired that it took me the whole day to recover.
  • I have had no time worth mentioning for my own knitting.
  • I haven't done any spinning at all.
  • The amount I read has reduced drastically.
  • I haven't been playing the piano either.
  • I have had no time worth mentioning for my own knitting.
  • I've lost eight pounds in weight - although I believe a large part of this is because I've gone gluten-free. (Got my test results, by the way - negative. So I am just a person who does not get on well with wheat and rye. But no way I am eating gluten again. I remember how I was feeling at the end of those three weeks.....) I also think that going gluten-free has helped my energy levels - I certainly have felt so much healthier this last week.
  • I have had no time worth mentioning for my own knitting.
  • I don't mind driving at night the way I used to - this was something that I really disliked before, for no specific reason. Turns out it was just lack of practice, I think. It doesn't bother me any more.
  • I have had no time worth mentioning for my own knitting - oh wait, I mentioned that already. More than once. Well, it bears repeating. Here I am in a job which is completely focussed around knitting, and I have no time to knit my own projects. But this won't last, and I know I will be getting back to it soon.
  • I really like my job.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Glad to see you're enjoying the new job!! :)
Three weeks already?? That's flown by..

Queen of the froggers said...

Things will settle down and become more routine, and then you will find time for knitting!