Monday, 4 February 2008

Monday

Just a little bit tense here at the moment.

My son is moving house today, and he will be living rather closer to us from now on. He decided to do the removal himself, with a hired van - all well and good. Except that there was a bit of a crisis this morning when everything wouldn't fit in the van. It was very very full, no more room at all, and quite a few more boxes with no place to go. Everybody's nightmare on moving day.....

So my husband drove up there, and now our car is completely full of boxes as well as the hired van, and they are making their way (carefully, I sincerely hope) along the motorway. They should be here very soon, I think, if all goes well.

Anyway, fingers crossed.


I can show you some knitting now.


These pretty things are the display flags for my yarn department (my! yarn department!) and I have really enjoyed working on them.

I've got more to say about these but it will have to wait, because they have just arrived, and I need to go and help unpack the van!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck with all the box-moving! I hope it goes as smoothly as possible. Nice to have your son a bit closer.

Your samples look lovely! I am looking forward to hearing more about them. Such a great idea to have a nice lot of examples of what a yarn is like knitted up, I think it really makes a difference.

Queen of the froggers said...

I hope all goes well with the move. Aren't the flags a fabulous idea, everyone will want to learn lace after seeing them!