Tuesday, 1 January 2008

New Year's Day

Happy New Year!

Benedikta now has sleeves, and will be finished today.

It did take me rather longer than I thought it would to seam the raglans - indeed, it always does. I don't know how long it is going to take me to learn this, it happens every time. I am obviously slow on the uptake.

Making up is not something that ever goes fast for me, I like to take my time and place my stitches carefully. I really do believe that the finishing is what makes all the difference to the garment.

Also, there were just a few ends to deal with.


I had been weaving in the yarn end at the start of each block, but not the yarn tail at the finish. I did try working it in with the next block along, but it didn't seem to give the best result so I unpicked and left the tails for later. Yesterday evening I finally dealt with them all. I do think they look rather pretty, actually.

Benedikta looks a bit strange at the moment.

To be specific, incredibly wide and short, and with an absolutely huge neckline opening. This is more than a little disconcerting, but I have confidence that the neckband will make all the difference.


I am going to work the neckband using some of the more neutral colours from 2011 - the colour used for the lower band and sleeves, also the fourth round of blocks. Maybe with a stripe of the citrus orange partway through - possibly also a line of green - just to lift it a bit and to tie in with the sleeves and the front band.

If the neckband in the round works well, this will be reversible front to back.

3 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

This is so lovely, I can't wait to see the finished article! I just love the colours.

LorĂȘny Portugal said...

Oh... that's beautiful!!! I love knitting too!

Kisses from Brazil!

LorĂȘny Portugal said...

Oh... that's beautiful!!! I love knitting too!

Kisses from Brazil!