Sunday, 27 January 2008

Finally some knitting!

I do have some knitting progress to show, even if it isn't very much. Here is Pia.

This is a Kim Hargreaves design, from Rowan 35, and it takes just 4 skeins of Rowan All Seasons Cotton for all but the very largest size. I'm using the yarn that was the free gift with my Rowan International subscriptions, and it is pleasant easy knitting.

I think I will carry on working on this today and tomorrow - I do want something different to wear to work. I've got an old pullover in RYC Natural Silk Aran to my own design, and also a pullover in Calmer, pattern from Rowan's book 'Classic Knits for Real Women' - but that's it, really. The Tartan Scarf gets in the way and is too warm for comfort indoors. I really would like some other options, and the yarn for Viv and Cordoba hasn't arrived yet. So I have plans for Pia to be worn with a tshirt and a skirt.

Here is the Cobblestone Pullover at the moment.

I will get on with this after Pia is done, I think. It has just occurred to me that I am actually knitting two separate projects in the same yarn, All Seasons Cotton. Well, it is one of my favourites, after all.

I am nowhere near as exhausted as I was this time last week. I think that maybe I am getting used to it - this job is quite physically demanding. Yesterday the only time I managed to sit down was on my breaks, and I didn't manage to knit a single stitch on the shopfloor. It gets so busy! Coming into the yarn department it was really noticeable that that particular area was just full of people. This is good, after all - there is all this lovely yarn in the stockroom, and what we want to do is sell it to people.

There is some other knitting going on at the moment, but I can't show it to you just yet. Really pretty, though!

One other thing, not related to knitting. Since I went gluten free - on Wednesday, so that is just four days so far - I have lost six pounds in weight, without even trying. I'm feeling so much better in myself as well, and I haven't needed any meds at all. But this is very welcome, as I need to lose a good bit of weight. Six pounds in four days! - I wasn't expecting this at all.

3 comments:

Kai said...

Pia is looking lovely and the Cobblestone Pullover is gorgeous! I have some of the same yarn in stash for something for Ollie.. :)

Yay! on the weight loss and it's good to hear that you're feeling better being gluten-free.

Susan @ Damn, Knit & Blast It said...

That's a great idea for the 4 balls of ASC - I might have to copy you with Pia!

Thanks for the tip!!

Queen of the froggers said...

Pia looks good, it is a nice colour. I hope the gluten free continues to help.