Wednesday, 19 December 2007

Wednesday

We are off out the door in just a short while, down to the south coast to visit my mother. It's about a two hour drive each way, and I will be a passenger on the way back, so I will get some knitting done then.

I'll be starting the second sleeve, as this is much easier travel knitting than the blocks. Here are the two sides of the body, first thing this morning.


I didn't get a whole round finished yesterday, just the four blocks across the front and one at the back. The five that you see here - four in the top picture and the one in the top left corner of the lower picture - these were all worked in sequence, straight from the skein, left to right across the top picture and finishing with the one in the lower picture. Some striking colour changes, as I think I've remarked before.

I like the front better than the back - well, that's why I've picked it as the front, of course - and I think this is because of the balance between light and dark. I think I need more dark squares on the back, perhaps. The only physical difference between the front and back on this pullover is the placement of the neckband seam at one of the back raglan lines, other than that the whole thing will be reversible front-to-back.

There is going to be a lot of yarn left over, at this rate.

1 comment:

Kazza said...

Wow this looks so good! I cant wait to see it finished, its going to look amazing.