Tuesday, 4 December 2007

Tuesday

Lots of spinning, not much knitting recently.

I am plodding on with the socks. All enthusiasm is gone, but I am continuing slowly. I want them off the needles so that I can work on something else. Anything else would do, as long as it wasn't a sock. I've turned the heel on the current sock, after this one there is just one more pair to make.

Yesterday evening I just couldn't face the socks, though, and sat down at my wheel instead. Here is the result.

These rather out-of-focus pinks, blues, and greens are some more of the Blue Faced Leicester from Fleece Artist. I shall navajo ply this, as I did the last batch, and then I am thinking of a shawl along the lines of this one - scroll down to 17th November - and for which you can find the pattern here. It will probably end up either as a gift, or on the sale table at the Wiltshire Guild's annual exhibition at Lacock next summer.

I've got this lovely stuff to spin up, as well.


This is a generous 100 grams of organic merino pencil roving, colourway Dipsy, from Natalie at the Yarn Yard. It is lovely, really, and I am looking forward to seeing how it spins up. I've never encountered pencil roving before, and this is luscious stuff. You could knit with it, as well - but I'm going to spin it. I've got some more roving on the way from the same place, in woodland colours, and I'm really looking forward to that as well.

Also, I spotted That Little Scarf the other day. Yes, I know, it is stocking stitch based, so it has a right side and a wrong side, but I love it anyway. I have had a number of ideas for yarns that would work for this, but nothing seemed quite perfect, until I remembered this.

This is 100 grams of lovely natural chestnut alpaca, and I think it will do quite beautifully, spun up in a fingering weight.

I've never spun alpaca. I wonder what pitfalls await me?

No comments: