Tuesday, 18 December 2007

Tuesday morning

Another busy day today. Lucy has a visit to the groomers to make her look beautiful - much needed actually, she looks like a mop on legs at the moment - and whilst she is being sorted out, we are heading to Sainsbury's with a long shopping list, ready for family arriving at the end of the week.

Knitting has resumed, thankfully, and this morning I have finished the second round of blocks. Here are the two sides of the work.


I still think that the side with the orange stripe along the border is going to be the front, although I am still not certain. (By the way - remedy for burnt finger - hold under cold running water for ten minutes. Yes, ten full minutes. Apply ice as needed for the next few hours. It worked for me.)

The next colour is 2014. Still no VM at all in the yarn, which is excellent.

The interview yesterday went really well. I am very excited about all this, but I do have a slight case of cold feet with regard to returning to the work environment. I suppose that is to be expected after such a long break - it is four years now - but I know that I would absolutely love this job. It is an opportunity that doesn't come along very often, and if I were to turn it down then I know that I would be kicking myself for probably the next ten years, approximately.

There hasn't been a final decision yet, I still have one more interview to go. That may happen in the next few days, or it may not happen until after Christmas. I'll find out today.

3 comments:

picperfic said...

oh wow, it is getting more and more beautiful! I am really enjoying watching the progress...good luck with the next interview and hope your poor finger heals soon! Seems like your job and the new jumper are both done layer by layer.....

Nevisknitter said...

Good luck with the job, The jumpers looking good so far. I would see which side looks best when you have to decide front and back, a few more blocks might make a big difference.

LittleBerry said...

the jumper is looking great I watch with interest... I hop ethe job interview goes well...