Thursday, 13 December 2007

Thursday morning

It is absolutely freezing this morning, and we have a long drive ahead of us. I should be able to knit on one leg of the journey, which is nice.

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I had hoped for, due to the builders arriving unexpectedly to sort out our bathroom floor. It is very nice that they have turned up so soon, this does mean that there is a fair chance that the whole thing will be finished properly before Christmas - however it is sheer chance that we were actually here. We could quite easily have decided to do our visiting yesterday.

Anyway, I did get some knitting done. I am still loving this yarn, really it is much nicer to work with that the traditional Silk Garden.


Here is the state of play first thing this morning - I've done a little more since then, and joined the third skein. The first lower border is finished, complete with points, and about half of the first sleeve is done as well. The markers are so that I can see quickly how many increases I have worked, in my usual fashion, because I dislike counting the same rows repeatedly. You can see also the remains of the first two skeins of yarn.

I need to work just a few more increases, and then it is straight up until the raglan shaping begins. I haven't made a raglan sleeve for ages.

Right, we need to be off.

It is so nice to be working on a sweater again!

3 comments:

Queen of the froggers said...

Isn't the silk garden knitting up well, the colours are great!

Martelle said...

That's looking interesting already and I like the idea of the markers for the row counting. You can knit so quickly!! Looking forward to seeing this evolve.

Nevisknitter said...

That is looking good so far, love the colour