Sunday, 9 December 2007

Food for thought

Let me show you the yarn for Benedikta.

This is Noro Silk Garden Lite (ugh). That still makes me cringe. But just look at the colours....

The front row is the main colour - this is the sleeves and the hem, the first row of points, and the neckband. And yes, I know that it looks like three different colours.

Behind that are two skeins of each of the other three colours, one shade is the two skeins on the left, another is the two in the middle, and the last is the two on the right. There are four shades in total - I know I said five, apparently I have forgotten how to count.

This looks like nine separate colourways, I know. But it is just four, and they are all so beautiful. I cannot tell them apart without looking at the ballbands. I mean, look at the top right skein, and the one in front of it. Same colourway. Hard to believe, I know. They look so different.

I must admit, Benedikta is in the lead at the moment.

It will be fun, and I want to play.

5 comments:

Nevisknitter said...

Benedikta looks lovely, looking forward to seeing your progress.

picperfic said...

It really is a beautiful pattern and all those lovely colours and detail will keep you interested!

Queen of the froggers said...

I look forward to seeing the pictures of you knitting that, it looks great.

Lindsey said...

Oh, wow. It really is hard to believe that's only 4 colourways. I know I couldn't keep them straight. But what fun to knit with and see what magically emerges, right? I'll be cheering you on!

picperfic said...

I have just started spinning myself the yarn to make this jumper, hope it works out cos in my head it is looking gorgeous lol

You can see the forst 2 lots of the yarn here http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4493873210_27297cb878_o.jpg