Monday, 4 June 2007

You are not ready, Grasshopper

Ok, I'm sorry, I won't do that again! - but I just couldn't resist.


Here is one Grasshopper sock, definitely not ready. Actually I've done a little more this evening, and I'm working the ribbing at the top edge at the moment. Then there is a sewn cast off, and it will be time to cast on for the second sock.

I absolutely love these - and I wasn't expecting to, not at all. The fabric is just so lush. World class yarn, truly. I love the lace (very unexpected) and the heel is excellent. I'm enjoying working with these dpns, as well. They are 2.75mm Boyes, and I bought them from Natalie. I usually prefer a set of 5, but a set of 4 works beautifully with this pattern - very fortuitous. So, I'll finish this first sock very soon, and hopefully the next one won't take nearly as long to finish.

Not least, because I want to cast on with this .....


Here is some rather pretty Meilenweit Cotton Fantasy sock yarn, which I bought at Live Crafts on Saturday in the grounds of Loseley House, from some nice people called Lakeside Crafts. They tell me their website is a little out of date, and indeed that seems to be the case. Besides a whole array of lovely Trekking yarns, and an assortment of cotton and silk mix sock yarns, they also had a whole rail of gorgeous Silkwood yarns. I know, I know - I should have taken a picture. But I think I was in shock.

With regard to the move - I haven't yet found anything that I actually want to find, unfortunately. Like the stray ball of Berroco Suede that would go to finish Ruffles, for example. Wishful thinking there, I'm afraid.

3 comments:

LittleBerry said...

love the grasshopper sock the colours are so beautiful..... shame you like it or you could have sent them me .....

Kai said...

grasshopper sounds like it's scrumptious!!!

Lindsey said...

Lovely looking grasshopper!

I do hate that feeling when you just KNOW something should be in a certain box, and it isn't there. Every now and then I find something that I haven't seen since the last move....or the one before that....or before that!