Thursday, 21 June 2007

Three days....

This isn't really an ideal time to be losing net access, possibly for as long as a week or two.

I've recently joined Melanie's Mystery Stole 3 group on yahoo, and the first clue is being released on Friday next week. It is entirely possible that I may not be back online at that point.

I'm hoping to work this stole in some cream silk laceweight, with silver lined crystal beads which take on the colour of the yarn in a quite beautiful way. The laceweight is not the easiest thing in the world to handle at the moment - I'm still winding it up from the skein - but it is so luscious and slinky that I forgive it. Well, probably. I haven't started swatching yet, so maybe I should reserve judgement.

I'm looking to join the Kauni cardigan knitalong as well. The rainbow colourway of the Kauni yarn seems to be a bit hard to come by at the moment, which isn't very surprising in view of the fact that Stephanie is knitting this cardigan at the moment. Supply will catch up with demand in the end, no doubt.

I'm still waiting for my June sock kit from Blue Moon. It was supposed to be sent out on the 14th, but some of the kits - mine among them - sat in storage at the airport for five days. It left San Francisco on Tuesday this week - I do hope it gets here before we leave on Tuesday next week.

And in the meantime, any tips for dealing with slippery silk laceweight will be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Queen of the froggers. said...

Good luck with the laceweight. I am afraid I have no tips as I had a disaster with some. It is so beautiful though i might be tempted to try again.