Wednesday, 16 May 2007

Normal service will be resumed shortly....

Probably, that is. I am sure that I will be knitting again soon. At the moment I can't quite imagine it but it is bound to happen eventually.

Things are rather difficult here at the moment - I won't bore you with the details. When things are just moderately stressful, I knit a lot, and it helps. When things are extremely stressful, I don't seem to be able to knit at all. I pick up my knitting, I knit three stitches - then I think of something else I should have said, another phone call I need to make, another approach that might help ....

At the moment I am halfway up the second sleeve, and it has taken me two days so far. Not very impressive.

I've also been trying to spin, but that seems to be even more impossible.

It can't last. It just can't - can it?

3 comments:

Diane said...

*sends positive vibes*

I hope the alert level drops to at least 'moderately stressful' soon, and that you can resume your knitting.

natalie said...

Aaah, your mojo has gone walkabout.
I am a one project at a time person, but I currently have two different socks on the needles, and a shawl which I started months ago, too much choice, really.
Things will get better soon.
Mojos are like naughty puppies, they eventually return to heel.

Lindsey said...

Oh dear, I hope things are on the way up. Today is about the same in my life--way too stressed to be able to concentrate, even relatively plain knitting seems to have me baffled. So I hope you can find that happy place where the knitting actually brings you some peace....