Friday, 11 May 2007

Flicca progress

Well, if I keep going at this rate, I shouldn't have any problem at all with getting Flicca finished. However 'if' is the operative word, because I do know that I am not likely to have so much time available every day.

I am making the second size, which will need 22 skeins according to the pattern, and I am partway through skein 4. I've got a couple of skeins extra as well - I always do, if possible. They will get used for hats or something if they aren't needed for this.




I'm now past the 3x1 rib and just into the 2x1 rib section - and of course today is the second day.

This fabric is worked at a nice loose relaxed tension, easy on the hands. However I am still wishing for my circs, because although my hands seem to have adjusted, it is not easy on my wrists having the weight of the work out on these long straight needles.

This yarn is rather good, actually. It's not like working with wool of course, but I greatly prefer this to the Patons Diploma that I am using for Exchequered. Working with chunky yarns is not something I usually enjoy at all, I much prefer four ply, or at a stretch, dk. But this stuff is very pleasant to work with, and I can put up with the big needles because it is rather nice to see it growing so fast. The yarn isn't splitty in the slightest, and in general is very well behaved. There have been no knots so far, and just a couple of big slubs which you can see in the picture. I don't find these a problem and haven't removed them.

So at this point, I really should just go and get on with it, whilst things are quiet.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! you are racing along. At this rate you will easily have it finished before knitting group!

Kai said...

you're definitely making fast progress!

i know what you mean about the circs and the straights...

LittleBerry said...

can't believe how quick you're getting on with it..... I prefer my circs to straights too...