Monday, 9 April 2007

Progress


Well, that looks fairly impressive. But the truth is rather less so, as you can see below.




I am discovering the difficulties of photographing scarves, and I am not good at photography in the best of situations. Never mind. Exchequered has now reached 27". It would be longer, except that I have been enjoying knitting a straightforward sock again.

Also, I had to spend a slightly fraught ten minutes this morning repairing a mistake. I had been knitting along quietly, not really paying much attention - which was of course the problem - when I noticed that one of the columns of squares seemed to have become wider. Closer inspection showed that I had misplaced a stitch no less than 24 rows earlier, making one column 4 stitches wide, and its neighbour only 2 stitches wide. It wasn't difficult to fix, of course - ladder the offending pair of stitches down on both sides, work them up again with the right colours - but it was very annoying. I must pay more attention.

I ought to get a fair amount done today, nothing else should be going on.

Tomorrow will be rather different, it is a fairly crucial date regarding our house move. We shall see how things develop.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hope your house move stuff goes well tomorrow. The scarf is looking lovely, although I agree the big difficulty with scarves is that they go on, and on, and on.

Kai said...

Good luck with the house move stuff... *hugs*

The scarf us looking fabulous.... :) and i detest photographing them too...

Queen Frogger said...

The scarf is looking great. Best wishes foor the house move stuff tomorrow.

LittleBerry said...

it's looking impressive.....