Monday, 2 April 2007

Monday morning

Today - photos.

Sock progress has been minimal, actually. But at least the heel is turned on the second sock.




Finally I think that this heel method is fixed in my mind. I don't usually like to use wrapped stitches at all, as I do prefer the finish with the yarnover method, and I found that using wraps in garter stitch I kept losing my place. The only way to overcome this is of course to concentrate on what I am doing, never my strong point. However I got there in the end.

The interesting thing about this heel is that the wraps are not picked up, they are just left to merge with the garter stitch fabric. I was a little doubtful about how well this would work, but the very fact that I kept losing my place is an indication that the wraps merge with the fabric extremely well. The result is rather pleasing, and I would expect this heel to wear well, too.

There is something else as well.




Those skeins of yarn are hand-dyed. The yarn is very fine, and wonderfully soft. And the colours are so subtle and beautiful....

More tomorrow.

Right now I am going to take the dog for a walk in this lovely sunshine.

No comments: