Wednesday, 18 April 2007

Miscellanea

1. Addi lace needles are very, very nice indeed. All the good things you've heard about them are true.

2. I still don't like magic looping. If anything could do it, it would be using my new Addi lace needles. I just had to try them out on something, and the Hundertwasser socks were to hand. However magic looping is still not for me, and I have reverted to my trusty Inox bamboos.

3. I am now trying very hard not to think of new projects for which I could use the new lace needles.

4. Grease stains on a favourite tshirt can be really, really difficult to remove. Yes, I have tried Stain Devils. Twice. Tomorrow I will be trying again.

5. Permanent marker on a favourite pair of white plastic sunglasses can be really, really difficult to remove. Until you try surgical spirit, which works like magic. I wonder if it works on grease stains.....?

6. I still have my raglan mojo, but there's not going to be a picture until it's finished. It just looks like a big dark navy blue blob at the moment, and that is fairly easy to imagine.

More tomorrow.

3 comments:

Heather said...

The addi lace needles sound wonderful! Will you bring them to knitting group next week? grovel grovel, please please?

I'm not sure about surgical spirit on a t-shirt, it might take the dye out, it certainly took the varnish off a door at my parents house when we tried it to remove the remnants of stickers stuck there.

Lothlorian said...

try a bit of bicarb of soda on the stain I am sure I heard this can help

we need an action shot of the addi needles :P

Catie said...

Grease stains? If you've ever dyed a pair of shoes using Meltonian shoe dye, you need to use the Meltonian Grease and Tar remover. Well, I know it's designed for shoes, but I have used it successfully on fabric, too (testing on inconspicuous bit first, of course). A quick thing which might or might not work, but is cheap and always worth trying is apply talcum powder to the area and work it in. Leave for a bit and then launder. Can't hurt!
My friends used to call me the Stain Doctor :-) which gives an inidication of my degree of tragedy!