Tuesday, 17 April 2007

Home again

Really, I feel like I have had a holiday.

Yesterday was a lovely day. The sun shone, and it does seem to be true that a change is as good as a rest, certainly in these circumstances.

It is always rather special looking out over the water in the early morning. You feel as if you have the whole river to yourself. There is just the sound of the birds, and the water going past - quite fast, actually, where we were moored. We are used to the Wey, which is a lazy sort of river, and the Kennet has rather more energy to it.


I didn't want to leave. But needs must, of course. I turned to take this picture of the boat as I was walking away down the towpath.



An hour in the traffic, and now I am back home with Lucy, and DH continues on his way. The remaining distance is almost exactly 60 miles - and there are 87 locks, and 23 moveable bridges. We shall see how long it takes. DH is not pushing on as fast as possible, he is taking things gently - it is hard work doing all this when you are by yourself.

And here is the obligatory knitting content. Sock progress has been minimal, but not non-existent. I will turn the heel on the second sock later today, and then I will return to the never-ending raglan with enthusiasm. I want it finished!


I showed DH the completed first sock, and he commented that he thought they looked Christmassy. I don't see it, myself.

3 comments:

Kai said...

Christmassy?? Ok... don't see it myself..

Hope you still have the raglan mojo!!

And glad you enjoyed the short break...

Queen Frogger said...

What a nice picture of the boat ... can't see the christmassy thing with the socks! They look spring like to me!

Heather said...

I don't really see the Christmassy thing either, but I do think they look very nice.