Tuesday, 3 April 2007

Bohus

Oh, how I wish that I were a better photographer. Or indeed a photographer of any sort, because really I cannot seem to capture the beauty of this yarn, in particular the colours, which are wonderful.



Yes, this is a Bohus sweater kit. I have been looking at these for a little while now, at Solveig's site (click where it says Nyheter) and also at the Bohuslan Museum. I've seen some finished sweaters online - there is Stephanie's, you've seen it of course - the 'Gold' sweater - and also Wendy's - this is the 'Large Lace Collar'.

I have no willpower to mention, so really it was only a matter of time before I gave in and contacted Solveig, who is really helpful and has perfect English - and this arrived in very short order. This is 'Gray Mist'. I'm going to make the version with the folded down neckband, and the main decision I have to make now is concerning the choice of needles.

I have the sizes and lengths that I need in Inox greys - this sweater is worked on 2mm and 2.5mm needles, heaven - but part of me wants to wait until I can get my hands on some Addi lace needles, or perhaps even Knitpicks Classic Circs.

Decisions...... when in doubt, take the dog for a walk.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful colours! I look forward to seeing it in progress.

Kai said...

oohh... but those colours look stunning!! :)

have you seen Yarn Harlot's Bohus??

That is lovely too... hmm, i might have to add it to the ever growing list of things to make...

Queen Frogger said...

Those sweaters are beautiful. I do look forward to seeing your progress. Glas you started a blog too!

Helen said...

They look like beautiful colours to me :)

DianeM said...

Ooh Ooh you're doing a bohus!!!!! That is definitely on my list to do one day.

You should have heard the gasp of horror when the YH took hers off at Represent and DROPPED IT ON THE FLOOR! It was beautiful. And I love the colourway you chose.

LittleBerry said...

absolutely beautiful colours can't wait to see WIP let alone the FO!!!