Saturday, 21 April 2007

The advantages of blogging

Blogging is new to me, as you know, and I'm finding it interesting, definitely. I like the way that it makes me think about what is actually happening in my life - and reading over my recent posts, I have noticed that my thoughts have been quite negative. I seem to have been focussing on things that I haven't done, and things that haven't happened, rather than on things that have - and I don't think that I would have identified this negativity without blogging about it. The good thing about this, of course, is that identifying and acknowledging a problem is a major part of dealing with it.

But not all of it. We have had something hanging over us for a little while now, but I haven't dared to blog about it yet. Somehow it felt like tempting fate - and how ridiculous is that? But now it has happened anyway - or rather, not happened - so here goes....

We've just heard that we have lost the house that we have been trying to buy. We are very disappointed indeed - we had really set our hearts on it, and we are still committed to move to that area. But right now, it seems that we are back to square one, and have to start looking all over again.

However, on the plus side, there are some lovely people who are very keen indeed to buy our present house. And that means that we will be able to move really fast when we do find somewhere new. As I write this, it occurs to me I wouldn't have thought of this as an advantage, if it wasn't for the fact that I am trying to write something coherent about it.

So the conclusion this evening, I think, is quite simply that housebuying is very difficult. And that blogging can be helpful.

Knitting? What's that?

2 comments:

LittleBerry said...

Sorry to hear you lost the house Fiona, but I do believe that "everything happens for a reason" it' though not always apparant at the time....I hope you find another house soon

Queen Frogger said...

Sorry to hear you lost the house. I hope the right one comes along soon.